Todorov’s narrative theory states that most story’s or plot lines follow the same pattern. This theory is similar to our storyline to our Romantic Comedy. There are 5 steps in this pattern. These include:
- The first part of the story will display a happy start, where the majority of characters are content and everything is as it should be. This ties into the first part where they are all in the group chat excited to go out.
- The second part of the story will feature a problem or some thing will disrupt the happiness. This will be the part where Simon tells Vicky that he likes Chloe.
- This part of the plot is when everyone realises the problem. This is the part where Chris gets swirled by Simon.
- This part of the plot is when the characters attempt to repair the damage and restore the problem.
- This is the final part of the plot where the problem is resolved and normality can resume again. This is where Chloe and Chris go home together.